Cupid’s Hunt: FAQs…
NOTE5: This CH FAQ page has now been updated with the correct date information for our 2013 (6th Annual) Cupid’s Hunt Podcast event .
Here is the FAQ (‘frequently asked questions”) page about the Cupid’s Hunt Podcast Collaboration Event. This information will always be available here at this URL:
Q1. What is “Cupid’s Hunt”?
A1. “Cupid’s Hunt” (or CH for short) is a collaboration project of music podcasters and music fans in celebration of Valentine’s Day. On this day all of the people who are participating have agreed to release and make available for download (in MP3 format) a music and/or audio podcast with a Valentine’s Day theme. This year Valentine’s Day (February 14, 2013) is on a Thursday.
Q2. Why the name “Cupid’s Hunt”? What does *that* mean?
A2. The name Cupid’s Hunt came out of a late night/all night brainstorming session on Twitter back in January, 2008. Cupid, the symbol of Love/Valentine’s Day and Hunt, meaning to search for. When you put them together and apply the phrase to the world of podcasting you have a search for music online. Or, as the CH project has been subtitled: “Searching for Love Music… In All The Right Places!”
Q3. Oh OK, now I get it. How do I get involved with the Cupid’s Hunt project?
A3. That’s easy! Just make a music and/or audio podcast with a Valentine’s Day theme: good love, bad love, want love, hate love… it doesn’t matter, go wherever your creativity takes you. Once your CH podcast is finished we want you to post it online on (or just before) Valentine’s Day, Thursday, February 14, 2013.
Q4. How will readers who visit my site know my podcast is part of this project?
A4. Glad you asked! There are several ways that your readers will associate your podcast with the Cupid’s Hunt Collaboration Project:
- We have several Cupid’s Hunt logos (right-click to download) that we have created over the last five years and year number six is no exception. We ask that you post one on your site at least one week prior to the event.
- Each participant is asked to start off the Title of your CH post with “Cupid’s Hunt:”, and to also tag their CH post with the keywords “cupidshunt” and “cupid6″. (no quotes on the keywords or the phrase in your post Title, of course).
- The RIBS website (http://rhythmsinblacksatin.com), is the official Cupid’s Hunt ‘Headquarters’ and will be promoting the event and all of the podcasters/blogs involved in the days leading up to the event.
- Cupid’s Hunt also has a Twitter account (http://twitter.com/CupidsHunt) that we are asking you to follow for updates about the event and/or to get any questions that you might have answered about the event.
- Cupid’s Hunt also has a Fan Page, Cupid’s Hunt Podcast Collaboration, on Facebook. This is our other “headquarters” site for all things Cupid’s Hunt.
Q5. Where do I get the Cupid’s Hunt logo?
A5. The logo can be downloaded here: Download Cupid’s Hunt 2013 Logos
Q6. Who can I contact give them information about my podcast?
A6. There are a few different contact methods:
- Contact Cupid’s Hunt on Twitter (http://twitter.com/cupidshunt)
- Contact TGrundy on Twitter (http://twitter.com/tgrundy)
- Send an email to CupidsHunt [at] gmail.com
- Become a fan of the Cupid’s Hunt Podcast Collaboration page on Facebook
Please send us your Cupid’s Hunt podcast info by noon on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 so we can get it in the promotional post.
NOTE: Looking for all of 2009′s podcasts? You can find them here in the Cupid’s Hunt 2009… “Let’s Get It On!” post.