RIBS TPTD: Duos & Duets, part 2…
Filed under: Michael Jackson, Podcast Collabs, podcasts/mixes, R&B, RIBS, soul, Triple Play Thurs-Day
Hey, welcome back for your weekly helping of RIBS!
Last month, I had the pleasure of presenting a mix called "Duos & Duets, part 1". It turned out to be a very good mix (one of my best IMHO) and was very well received. Once again I have to give credit to my "Co-Chef" Trelly for the success of D&D, part 1 seeing as how over 85% of the selections were suggested by her incredibly talented musical mind. AAMOF, that mix was so good (and I have so many duets that I have collected) that I decided that the last Thursday of the month (for the foreseeable future) would be “Duos & Duets” day here on RIBS.
So even though this is a day late, here is our second RIBS D&D mix!
This time around I have the pleasure of having as mix “Co-Chef” none other than KB (of Just Say K.B. fame) who has very generously and creatively provided the majority of selections for the mix. He has given us some stuff that I either had no idea existed or had not heard in so long that I had just about forgotten about. Regardless, I’m sure that you will enjoy this second part in our continuing series.
Without further ado, let’s get to the music as RIBS and KB present to you…
Playlist: (song – artist – album [time])
- I’ll Be Good To You – Brothers Johnson – Look Out For #1 [4:44]
- Just Good Friends – Michael Jackson & Stevie Wonder – Bad [4:07]
- In Due Time – Tower Of Power ft. Cheryl Lynn – Back On The Streets [4:11]
- Solid – Ashford & Simpson – Solid [5:09]
- Two Hearts – Stephanie Mills & Teddy Pendergrass – Best Of Stephanie Mills [4:42]
- You Don’t Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show) – Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis – I Hope We Get to Love In Time [3:53]
- Distant Lover – Betty Wright & Marvin Gaye – B-Attitudes [4:41]
- I Pledge My Love – Peaches & Herb – Twice The Fire [4:12]
- If I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys ft. Usher – The Diary of Alicia Keys[3:13]
- Love Is Missing From Our Lives – Dells & Dramatics – Dells vs. Dramatics [4:13]
- You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling – The Righteous Brothers – The Very Best of The Righteous Brothers [3:48]
- For The Love Of You – Whitney Houston ft. Kenny G – Whitney [5:32]
- Do You Wanna Make Love – Millie Jackson & Isaac Hayes – Royal Rappin’s [4:23]
- A Little Bit More – Melba Moore ft. Freddy Jackson – A Lot Of Love [4:56]
- Your Smile – Rene & Angela – Street Called Desire [4:16]
- With You I’m Born Again – Billy Preston & Syreeta – Fast Break Original Soundtrack [3:37]
- I Just Don’t Know What To Do With Myself/Walk On By – Isaac Hayes & Dionne Warwick – A Man & A Woman [7:32]
- You’re Welcome, Stop On By – Vicki Anderson & Bobby Byrd – Anthology-Mother Popcorn [3:45]
Have you missed any of the RIBS mixes we’ve posted? If you have there is now an easy way to catch up on what we’ve been up to. Just go check out the new RIBS Archives Page to see a very easy to read listing of every post (and music mix) we’ve uploaded to the site.